This data category requires all national laws and statutes available to be available online, although it is not a requirement that information on legislative behaviour e.g. voting records is available. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Content of the law / status
- If applicable, all relevant amendments to the law
- Date of last amendments
- Data should be updated at least on quarterly
Likumi.lv is a legislation website ensuring free access to systematized (consolidated) legislation of the Republic of Latvia. Its operation is regulated by the Law on Official Publications and Legal Information. - https://likumi.lv/about.php
- likumi.lv is for systematized, consolidated laws and other legislative acts (complete texts) while https://www.vestnesis.lv/ publishes official decisions which are incremental (you may have separate publications for the initial law and tens of amendments. - if there are any inconsistencies between these two sources, what was published in Latvijas Vēstnesis is the official version. That's why the law states that Latvijas Vēstnesis is the official publication and likumi.lv is for "informative purposes".
The official publisher Latvijas Vestnesis does not receive budget funding for maintenance of Likumi.lv. It is maintained from the earnings of Latvijas Vestnesis (the costs are covered from the charge for the official publication paid by the information submitter, unless otherwise provided by a law or Cabinet Regulations).
Regarding information reuse Likumi.lv points to the legislation that determines how this information can be reused and sets the fee for reuse (however, it is not clear what is meant by reuse and if, e.g., publishing law excerpts on a website requires paying the fee or not):
- The State of Open Data in Latvia: 2014. Baltic J. Modern Computing, Vol. 2 (2014), No. 3, 160-170 - https://arxiv.org/abs/1406.5052
- there is a fee for data reuse
- you may publish links to its entries (i.e. deep links to the website) provided that you attribute the data source
The submission seems to be correct.
- No data
|Date the data became available||Unknown|
|Format of data||Unknown|
|Last modified||Sun Sep 27 2015 20:27:45 GMT+0000 (UTC)|