This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
Unsure how to answer the "Available for free" and "Machine-readable" criteria:
- there is an online version http://kartes.lgia.gov.lv/karte/ which is free but not machine-readable (it's an online map)
- detailed machine-readable versions are also available (as OGC WMS, OGC WFS services, etc.) but it is a paid service and it is not clear how to get access to them. here's the official publication with a list of fees: http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=258991
Latvian Geospatial Information Agency: http://www.lgia.gov.lv/en/Par%20mums.aspx
Map services available: http://map.lgia.gov.lv/index.php?lang=2&cPath=4
- The State of Open Data in Latvia: 2014. Baltic J. Modern Computing, Vol. 2 (2014), No. 3, 160-170 - http://arxiv.org/abs/1406.5052
Data did not change from 2014
Data is digital, public, but is not free to download, it is online, machine readable if you pay, I marked unsure for bulk because I cannot varify what you get for paying, it is not open to use and unclear as to updates.
- No data
|Date the data became available||Unknown|
|Format of data||DGN, ESRI ArcGIS|
|Last modified||Mon Sep 28 2015 17:26:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)|