Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
The Korean Ministry Of Environment (MOE) has released the air quailty level of 16 areas nearby the World Cup Stadium on a real-time basis since April 2002. The increasing public interest in air pollution and a clean and safe environment has led to raising the need for air quality information across the country.
The general public have gained access to the urban air pollution data on the website since Dec.2005. The data on the outdoor air quality nationwide has been released since Dec. 28, 2005.
- Pollutants: PM-10 , O₃, CO , SO₂, NO₂
- Contents · Overall grasp of the real-time air quality data across the country. · Display of the air quality level in various ways such as satellite images, environmental clocks, and calendars.
4 datasets are provided via open API services: http://bit.ly/1xysEe7
- No data
|Date the data became available||Unknown|
|Format of data||Excel, XML, HTML|
|Last modified||Thu Oct 30 2014 21:51:53 GMT+0000 (UTC)|