5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
Site specific forecasts for over 5,000 sites in the UK, including airports, major landmarks and beaches. Each site has the following weather forecast data available for it in 3-hourly intervals out to five days:
- Wind direction (16 point compass)
- Wind speed (mph)
- Screen temperature (degrees Celsius)
- Weather Type (weather ID)
- Visibility (code)
- Screen relative humidity (%)
- Wind gust (mph)
- Feels like temperature (degrees Celsius)
- UV Index (code)
- Precipitation Probability (%)
HOWEVER the Cabinet Office provides an API to all of the data, with unlimited access: API on Azure Marketplace. The only requirement is that you register, which is reasonable when the Met Office data is about 20GB per day. Since there is no size restriction with this API, beyond technical constraints, you can easily download what you want, so that should be considered easy bulk access.
Some historic data is available for download but other historic data must be purchased.
I altered this submission based on the comments below. This submission is accepted as the dataset contains 5+ days of forecast data for temperature, wind, and precipitation, as well as historical data back to 2011.
- No data
|Date the data became available||Unknown|
|Format of data||XML, JSON|
|Last modified||Fri Oct 30 2015 12:08:25 GMT+0000 (UTC)|