Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
The Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA) provides 5 days forecast (6 hours) for Air Pollution, as well as monthly reports for actual observations [http://nwp.gov.eg/index.php/air-pollution]. The Following measurements are required by the Index, and in between square brackets we list what is provided by EMA:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels [DUST in forecast, and Particulate Matter (PM10) in the monthly report]
- Sulphur oxides (SOx) [Sulphur Dioxide]
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx) [Nitrogen Oxides Forecast only]
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) [Only forecast for Organic Carbon and Secondary Organic Aerosol]
- Carbon monoxide (CO) [Carbon Monoxide Forecast only]
Reports vary in the measurements shown there. Most of the measurements are missing in recent reports, while they existed in last year's reports. Some other measurements are only shown as forecast but not in reports for actual measurements. The data is only shown in charts, which makes it not possible to extract daily measures. Finally, the most recent report was for May 2015, and it is for one station only (Cairo), older reports had measurements for more stations.
Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA) has 5 stations to measure the background pollution around Egypt. The stations are Cairo, South Valley, Marsa Matruh, Hurghada, and Farafra. However, as stated above, the recent reports only shows results from Cairo station, while measurements of other stations were only shown in older reports.
- No data
|Date the data became available||Unknown|
|Format of data||Unknown|
|Last modified||Sun Aug 30 2015 14:31:46 GMT+0000 (UTC)|