This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
After significant amount of research on government websites of Côte d'Ivoire and on Google it appears that this data does not exist yet. Some evidence for this:
- no government agency seems to be responsible for gathering this type of data (for instance the Statistical Agency "Institut Nacional de la Statistique" doesn't produce this type of data and searching on google for "institut geographique côte d'ivoire" shows that such institution existed in the 1980s but today does not have any presence on the internet. The administrative boundaries have been published by Orange Lab, a telecommunications company together with locations of their transmission towers (http://sodexo.orange-labs.fr/GEOM_SUB_PREFECTURE.zip). The data is available in shapefile format which is vector data and the scale can not be determined. As it is not the full dataset required here, the evaluation is that detailed map data at a scale of 1:250,000 or better doesn't currently exist for Côte d'Ivoire.
submission corrected - previously it was informed that data was available.
- No data
|Date the data became available||Unknown|
|Format of data||.zip|
|Last modified||Sun Nov 30 2014 07:14:29 GMT+0000 (UTC)|