This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
Only a raster map with the scale 1:1.000.000 is provided for free. Swisstopo is generally selling its data via the online shop: http://www.toposhop.admin.ch/de/shop/index Only sample maps are provided which specifically exclude the possibility of any further use: http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/de/home/products/maps/national/digital/national/pk_25.html
- An interactive map viewer with a all available layers and visualization of changes over time is available here: http://map.geo.admin.ch/
- A catalogue of all the existing geospatial data is available on a specific data catalogue for geo-data with detailed meta-descriptions: http://www.geocat.ch/ Swisstopo provides very detailed information on the last update of topographical maps, example here: http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/de/home/products/maps/national/25.html?mapnr=2#mapviewjump Many geographic data sets are now also available on the Swiss Open Government Data Portal: http://opendata.admin.ch/de/dataset?groups=raum-und-umwelt&_organization_limit=0
Expert review: data is not free and cannot be downloaded for free in the required scale
- No data
|Date the data became available||Unknown|
|Format of data||WMS, WMTS, SHP, PDF|
|Last modified||Mon Dec 01 2014 10:03:17 GMT+0000 (UTC)|